Popularly called as “liquid gold,” argan oil is one of the most prized beauty and health potions in the world. Even though the oil mainly comes from Morocco, but it has been traded for its health benefits since the 6th century. People of Morocco have used it for centuries as a viable topical treatment for beautifying as well as improving the appearance of acne, skin, hair loss, eczema and psoriasis.
Whether its balancing blood sugar or maintaing cholesterol and covering up the appearance of acne, the range of benefits attributed to argan oil is as impressive as it is diverse. Not only can it bring a lovely glow to our skin and hair, but also it offer benefits inside our body such as our heart, liver, and blood etc.
What is Argan oil?
Argan oil is derived from a the nut of the Argan tree, which is mainly found in Southwestern Morocco. The women of the areas gather together and start harvesting the fruits, then smashing the hard shells on stones. Later picking out the tender kernels inside, pressing the fruit kernels to retrieve the oil. Lastly the argan oil produced is sold as it is and often turned into various kinds of creams and various other products.
Planting and tending argan trees also has environmental benefits: it helps reduce both climate change and desertification — a process where land becomes an unusable desert. The Argan forest in Morocco was designated as a UNESCO protected biosphere in 1998.
Benefits of using Argan Oil
If you want to have a minimalistic skincare regime, argan oil can become your go-to beauty elixir from head-to-toe for any skin and hair types. It’s full of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins (especially Vitamin A and Vitamin E) and minerals that promote your overall health by moisturizing, softening. It also protects your hair as well as face from harmful sun rays as its free from harmful toxins and parabens. Argan oil can be added as an additional ingredient to many store-bought beauty products to get more hydration and protection as a result.
Improve the Appearance of Stretch Marks
- Thanks to its high vitamin A and E content, argan oil keeps your skin well-hydrated and improves its strength and elasticity, which in turn helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Moisturize & Improve Skin Elasticity
- Whether you have oily, combination, or dry skin, you can use pure argan oil as an all-over face and body moisturizer. It is safe to apply 100 percent pure argan oil directly to any parts of our face. For best results, massage it onto your body right after showering or bathing, paying special attention to any dry patches.
Improves the appearance of acne scars
- It is non-greasy and won’t clog pores, so it’s a great natural way to add moisture and provide balance to inflamed, acne-affected skin. Argan oil’s high omega-6 and omega-9 content also help reduce redness and swelling. People with acne-prone skin are usually deficient in an omega-6 essential fatty acid called linoleic acid which is present in it. Not only do fatty acids speed up the healing of acne-related scarring but also minimizes the signs of premature aging like crow’s feet and various age spots.
Protect & Soften Hair
- This nourishing, non-greasy oil increases the shine and overall healthy appearance of hair while repairing split ends and smoothing flyaways. Argan oil also helps to seal in hair dyes as it helps in increasing the length of time needed between colorings for any individual. It also promote faster hair growth.
Moisturize Nail Cuticles
- Ward off painful hang nails and other issues associated with poor nail health by applying a few drops of argan oil on your fingernails and toenails. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities make it an excellent conditioner for the nail bed as well as cuticles.
Relieves Tired Feet
- Argan oil can soothe dry, cracked skin on your feet and heels as it is a hydrating moisturizer that is full of antioxidants that prevent further dryness and make rough feet smooth again.
Protects Against Cell Proliferation
- Thanks to its high antioxidant levels, argan oil helps protect skin from free radicals and UV radiation.
- Argan oil has high content of tocopherols which is a form of vitamin E as well as oleic acid which is an omega-9 fatty acid. Taken internally, it helps the body at a cellular level, even decreasing the risk of excess cell proliferation that can lead to serious diseases.
Always make sure to use the argan oil that is not only fresh but also free of parabens. Make sure the odor should smell light, fresh, and nutty. Always be sure to purchase argan oil that is cold-pressed and additive free. In case you want the benefits of this product without any kind of additional chemicals make sure to buy 100 percent pure argan oil and then add it directly to your skin or shampoo.
Leave a Reply